Friday, November 12, 2010

Shiver me Timbers! Here it be!

Wow! I honestly can not believe this day has come. This afternoon at 12:32 I sent Greenwillow Books the final piece of art for my new picture book Pirates of the Sea! I am like, tingling. I am super excited about this book!

For the last 2 months I have been painting as fast and furiously as possible, continually working late in to the night until I could not hold my eyes open any longer (I thought about trying the toothpick thing, but that's a little risky). And then today came.  I'm done. Whoa. Crazy!

This is my second picture book I've both authored and illustrated. So, it's all on me baby. No blaming some other stinky writer if it crashes and burns. But it won't (I hope).  How can it? What better recipe is there out there than a picture book about Pirates?  

It releases the first part of May 2011.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

That is so cool!! I can hardly wait for it to be released!! Congrats!!

Scott said...

I am super excited! Can't wait to see it!!

Mike Laughead said...

Great looking cover. I love how your pirates look dirty and mean, but you still use awesome bright colors. Great stuff, I'm excited to read this.

Taft and Shauna Dorman said...

We are happy for you Brandon. It looks like a lot of fun characters are in the the book.

Seth Skogerboe said...

Wow! Your artwork is truly unbelievable. Keep it up! Hope your book sells. I'll be looking for it!
(P.S. That seasick pirate is, like, 50 on a 1-10 awesome scale. Freaky cool. :D)

Jared said...

Hey Brandon! I really love your drawings! Have you ever thought of collaborating with an unpublished author who had a really great story to read? I have a great story if you want to at least take a look at it.
Jared :)

nicwoo said...

Working Hard. Working. Hard. Work.ing.Hard. :)
And I have no doubt whatsoever it will be a big hit! Liking the captain's beard and...the sea-sick swabber.. WooHoo! There is so much to look at. :)

Ron said...

I can't wait to see this book.

Unknown said...

My little girl LOVES pirates! I'm excited to see it!